Tuesday 3 July 2012

Me, Shane Meadows and The Stone Roses...

I was lucky enough to spend this weekend working with the mighty Shane Meadows my favourite director, helping him to make a film about one of my favourite bands, The Stone Roses at Manchesters Heaton Park.

It was an amazing way to spend a weekend, pretty much my ideal job, harking back to my early days working as a front of house or monitor mixer for live bands, indeed the last time I saw the Stone Roses, I was working with their support act Black Grape, I realised the other day that those gigs were 17 years ago, that made me feel very very old!

The shoot was a very big production, 16 cameras, 4 sound mixers, 4 sound assistants! a jib, a helicopter, and on Saturday night, a bucket full of beer!

I was given the job by my friend David Mitchell who I last worked with 6 years ago on Ghost Hunting with Girls Aloud a shoot which was most memorable for me getting caught chucking stones at Cheryl Cole.

And on that bombshell, I'll leave you to dream about what it must be like to chuck stones at the X Factor princess!

Night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment